Thursday, March 4, 2010

today, milk

So, I made the HUGE mistake of forgetting that I had to be to work at 8 this morning. I realized it at 1:30 am while I was hot tubing it with my friends Mikey and Kyle (also known as BOB. . . not to be confused with B.Y.O.B. who is Brigham).

At 7:50-ish, I fell out of bed grabbed a top and jeans as I rushed out the door and into the car. Driving to work isn't always a breeze, but today God blessed me with all green lights. MY manager, Ricky, glared at me as I walked in knowing that 20 kids were-a-coming in at 9. 20 sweet, energetic, smart ass 5th graders. Ricky, doesn't like kids that are not his own. Much like most of the world. Please do not add me to this grouping, for I love 'em . . . most of 'em.

It's been said that "patience is a virtue," I lost mine while hearing the answers to the questions I asked. A few were very bright, the punk snowboard kid and the red-headed ones funny enough. AND then there was the end table where the most severe cases of "that kid in class" syndrome sat. Text Book Sally, and future Mouth Breather (MB) were by far the . . . spotlight of my day. These kids are learning about artists and to be more specific, Georgia O'keefe. I asked them to tell me all about her. I got a novel out of the first. I literally had time to take a two minute nap. then I got:

The Quote of the Day:
ME: What can you tell me about Georgia O'keefe? You?
MB: MILK!

ten minutes later

ME: Name me different types of cheeses?
MB: MILK!

another ten

ME: Favorite type of pizza?
MB: MILK!
ME: Oh that's right, your THAT kid in class.
The teacher snorted into her lemonade.